I am not the most confident person to tell you this. I too get nervous but all throughout my struggles of trying to combat my nervousness, I’ve discovered insights on how to calm the nerves, especially in being in front of an audience.
- Relax – that should be the highlight
- Don’t worry too much on what will become of your audience’s reaction. You are not here to please them. Express and not impress
- It’s okay to make mistakes. If you made a mistake, don’t dwell too much on the mistake. Learn from it and move on.
- Perform out of passion then you will forget that you were actually nervous.
- Let the confidence outweigh the nervousness. Think of possibilities as to why you are capable of doing well. Play in your mind words like, “I can do this!”
- Think about those people who believes in you. It is a good self–motivator.
- Preparation is a must. Think about how much you worked for it.
- Expose yourself to an audience more often. The more you will get use to being in front of the crowd, the less nervous and more confident you get, because performing has already become a part of you.
- Think about the bigger purpose of your performance.
- Lastly and most importantly, PRAY!!
I hope that these tips will help you because it has helped me. I did struggle with my confidence but now I am breaking the barrier of my doubt in myself. We are all in this together.