My mom is a college teacher and I am blessed to have her. Being a daughter of a teacher, I know more the struggles of a teachers than my peers. I’ve seen the behind the scenes of a teacher through my mom. Now I am going to share them to you. I’ll also include what is like being a daughter of a teacher.
- People think my mom tutors me – No that is not true. I study on my own. She is so busy to have time to tutor me. But whenever I need help and I believe that she can help me, I go to her. 🙂
- My mom is a teacher in the campus; a mother at home – An entire day of teaching is really tiring and my mom has to attend to me as she gets home. She is juggling her duties as a mother and as a teacher.
- I always see my mom working on paper works – She checks her students papers even on holidays. Teachers have deadlines too. ✍️
- My house is filled with reference books, notebooks, papers, and school supplies – Duh my mom is a teacher. 📚
- In times I’m required to have this specific material, I can just ask her. – I can ask a folder from her
- I’d would see my mom receiving gifts on Teacher’s day, Valentines, Christmas, and etc. 🎁💐
- My mom would lecture me on the field of education – she would talk to about research, courses, etc. I get to explain to my friends what I learn from my mom.
- My mom’s students would ask me if my mom is strict & tell me how good my mom is as a teacher
- I can freely rant to my mom about certain teachers and the education system – Because my mom is a teacher herself. I rant to her about memorizing outweighs understanding. Good news, she doesn’t like it either.
- I can see the flaw better in the education system
- I reuse/ recycle the used papers, folders, envelops, etc. of my mom’s students ♻️
- I witness the used test papers and such being thrown away – so heart breaking. 💔
- I’ve decided that I don’t want to be a teacher – It really is a struggle
- I go home late – I have to wait for my mom to finish her tons of stuff to do. She goes home late if her students pass their requirements late. Please don’t pass your requirements late. Thanks!
- I witness the passion of my mom in teaching – Even though she is tired already, She just loves her job.
- There is no escape once I have a bad grade – My mom knows the grading system.
- I witness my mom caring about her reputation even outside the house – She has to be a good role model
- I witness how my mom has inspire lives
- There are times wherein I am forced to go to my mom’s office because she still has stuff to accomplish – This is in times when I have no classes.
- Whenever people realize my last name, they will recognize that I am my mom’s daughter
- If ever I’m in trouble in school, teachers can just contact my mom – Actually, my mom used to teach in my school but she transferred to another school long time ago. But I’m under teachers who are apparently friends with my mom. So I can’t fool around.
- I was once told, “You are smart because your mom is a teacher” – What does that have to do with my mom? 🤔
- I feel like a celebrity whenever I meet my mom’s co- teachers
- I join my mom’s co- teachers in meals – There are times wherein I get free food.
- I find it entertaining when I see my mom scolds a student. 😁😁
- I better do my homework
- I have developed a huge respect to teachers out there
It’s so amazing to have a mom who is a teacher. Yes, she may go beast mode as she reach home but in the end of the day she is still passionate in teaching at the same time a loving mother to me.
Please don’t take your teachers for granted because it is not only you who they are attending.